Friday, March 7, 2014

A Cold Mess!!!!

Hey there good people of the Nation of First!  We are in our science groove this week!  This ole gal actually rocked out two (count em 2!) science experiments this week!  STOP.THE.WORLD!



In honor of Dr. Suess, we read the story "Bartholomew and the Oobleck."
After we ran an experiment to make Oobleck. 
Solid or Gas?
Hmmmmm?
 
 
Question:  What will happen when we mix corn starch and water?
Hypothesis: 
It will sink to the budum. (Bottom)  Carson
It will trn green.  Jared
I think it will icsplowd.  Colton
I wundre if it is gogwe (going) to turn more wite.  Makenzie
It will flowt.  Aleeya
I fink it will tern widish.  (turn whitish) Tyden
It will trn guwey. Jocelynn
I think...it will get powdry.  Lane
Plow up.  Ericka
I think it is going to buble.  Cadence
Conclusion:  You know the drill!
 
 

 
 
 
 
I LOVE MESSES!!! 
 
Have I ever told you I LOVE FIRST GRADE?  
I can make a mess and they love it!!!!  Now it drives my husband and Mrs. Magnuson batty and I am pretty sure Mrs. Rosa and Mrs. Herigon want to put me on an ice floe and send me off to sea, but....my Firsties love it and so does the teaching trifecta...even if they won't admit it!
 
Have a FABULOUS weekend Firstie Nation!
 
 
President Varpness and the Senate of First



No comments:

Post a Comment